Hello, YAI Alumni and families!
It’s time to get ready for the 8th annual Alumni Variety Show: Saturday, Nov. 4, 7 – 9 p.m. at First Lutheran Church in St. Paul. The Variety Show is an important fundraiser supporting YAI’s 2018 shows, and it is planned, led and performed by alumni. We hope you will join us! Here’s how to get involved:Auditions
- Auditions will be held Saturday, Oct. 7, from 4 – 5:30 p.m., at First Lutheran Church. Please plan to be there the entire time, as we will be performing for each other and learning a song to perform together as a group.
- “Auditioning” for the Variety Show means demonstrating that you have an act that’s ready to perform; The only requirement is that you are well-prepared. Your act should be as polished as if this were the performance.
- If you are performing a song, we encourage live accompaniment (rather than prerecorded). An accompanist/music coach will be present at the auditions if you would like to have him accompany you.
- This is a variety show, and we are looking for variety in our acts to make the show as entertaining as possible for our audience/donors. Examples include a short film, a skit, a dance, instrumental music, spoken word — as well as songs.
- Performers include alumni, along with friends and family members of alumni. The only requirement is that one member of the act be YAI alumni. Performing with non-alumni friends or family members could be a chance to introduce new people to YAI. If you have not been involved with YAI recently, we would still love to have you participate in Variety Show!
- If you can’t make it to the auditions, send a video of your act to this e-mail address and we will contact you with further details.Please reply here to let us know you intend to be at the audition.RehearsalsWe will rehearse Thursday, Nov. 2, at 7 p.m. AND do a tech run-through from 4 – 6 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 4. Both rehearsals are at the church.TicketsWhile performers do not need a ticket, this is a fundraiser, so here’s the ticket info:Tickets will be sold online (within the next few days) and at the door:Online through Nov. 4: $25/adults; $12/youth; $65/family of 4At the door Nov. 5: $30/adults; $15/youth; $90/family of 4