Into The Woods Online Registration and Information
Click here for online registration
Update: All spots have been filled as of 1/14/15, and as of 2/1/15 we are no longer adding names to the waiting list
How does it work?
The link above is a secure, online form created within Young Artists Initiative that will send your registration information directly to us.
There are two methods for payment. One is PayPal, where your payment will be immediately transacted. The other is to mail in cash or check. Checks can be made payable to Young Artists Initiative.
What do I have to do? Who can register?
Just sign up! There’s no audition necessary, nor any experience. Anyone can register, it’s open to all actors ages 8-18. Actors must be of 8 years of age before the first rehearsal, on June 28, to participate. Financial assistance is available for all YAI programming.
What is “Into The Woods”?
Into The Woods is a story with all your classic fairytale characters! Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack (and his beanstalk), and the Witch meet and interact in this whimsical, original story. The musical centers on a baker and his wife who wish to have a child; Cinderella, who wishes to attend the king’s festival; and Jack, who wishes his cow would give milk. When the baker and his wife learn they cannot have a child because of a witch’s curse, the two set off on a journey to break the curse and wind up changed forever. Funny and engaging, kids and adults alike will love seeing these stories together onstage!
When is it?
Program dates: June 28 though August 9, 2015
Rehearsals and workshops for YAI’s Summer Theater Experience begin June 28 at the First Lutheran Church in St. Paul near Metro State University. Program meets Sunday through Thursday evenings from 6:30-9pm. (NO rehearsals July 3-5)
Performances are August 6-9, 2015 at the Performance Space at the Wellstone Center.
- Refunds: Full refunds are granted if cancelation is received in writing at least 14 days in advance of the start of a program, minus a $15 processing fee. Refunds cannot be granted within 14 days of the start of a program. All refunds are sent via certified postal mail.
- Returned Checks: A service charge of $40 will be applied to any returned check.
- Scholarships: Financial assistance for families in need available for all programs. Be sure to check the box on the registration and call 651-222-KIDS OR email email@example.com for information.
- Staff: All YAI workshops are taught by licensed theater education teachers and/or artists who have degrees in theater arts as well as several years professional experience in theater instruction. All staff and teachers are subject to background checks to ensure the safety of our young artists.
- Register soon! Space is limited in all of our programs. If we exceed a class maximum, names are put on a waiting list, and we hold a raffle to determine which students will be accepted into the program, should there be any cancellations.